POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : some fun with old Star Trek episode Corbomite Maneuver : Re: some fun with old Star Trek episode Corbomite Maneuver Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: some fun with old Star Trek episode Corbomite Maneuver
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Mar 2006 02:55:00
Message: <web.442101aa6340e35ca0aec440@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> wrote:
> Watched this ST episode again, recorded on a VHS tape several years ago. The
> colors very faded. One of my favorites of Star Trek. I'm part trekkie
> anyhow. Maybe you know which show this was, too. Always wanted to put that
> enormous spaceship together in POV and so I finally did over the past couple
> days. The Enterprise is just some spheres, cylinders, cones, boxes.

Nicely done!  (One of my favorite ST episodes as well.) Actually, your
multi-sphere placement DOES look hexagonal to me; good job.

I seem to recall (a fading memory...kind of like your video ;-)  ) that the
small spheres may have been larger/closer together. Filling up more of the
intervening spaces. Just a guess.

How about posting a larger image of your Enterprise model? Looks good.

Ken W.